Me, Myself and I
So, as I mentioned in my previous post I’m not very well right now. This means I’m not currently working, and therefore have far too much time on my hands that’s usually spent over-thinking and browsing the internet. One of my favourite cyber haunts is twitter. Earlier, Skynash (a very lovely lady, and rather funky book designer/maker, check out her blog) posted a photo of her desk, wondering if anyone else is as ocd about keeping it uber tidy as she was. I looked around and thought “nope, she’s not alone” and posted a photo of mine for her to see. I figured I’d post it up on here in my bid to “come out of hiding” as it were. So here it is, the place where I spend the vast majority of my time…
My desk itself is gorgeous, I love it. I won it on eBay for £35 back in July, they said it’s an antique but I’m skeptical. It’s actually a dressing table, but I’ve taken off the 3 mirrors for now as I don’t fancy having my face watching me all day. It’s made from gorgeous curvy dark wood and glass, with beautiful drawer handles. It makes my eyes happy.
1. Wacom tablet. This is my baby. My mouse has been in a drawer since I got the tablet 2 and half years ago, I even use it for browsing the net etc. When it eventually breaks/wears out I’ll replace it with the same model. I don’t care to upgrade, this baby has all I need.
2. Speakers. Without these I’d go nuts. I’m the sort of person who needs background noise all the time. I either have a movie or music on. Right now it’s DJ Nosferatu vs Endimiyon, but it changes vastly from classical to scandanavian symphonic metal to 90′s brit-pop to electronica and ska. But that might be another blog post.
4. Lip balm. I’m blessed with pouty lips but as I spend all my time drinking tea, they’re constantly chapped; without lip balm they’re like the planes of the sahara. I don’t really like to use Vaseline as it’s pretty much petrol, but I’m yet to find one that’s better. This is one I got from Topshop about a year ago, it’s vanilla with beeswax and honey. Smells and feels gorgeous, tastes like a candle.
5. Landline phone. This lives on my desk although the cradle is on the other side of the room, which means it’s forever running out of battery. I felt like a real live grown up when I got this. Apart from the fact my Mum bought it for me haha.
6. Giant mug of tea. Size definitely matters when it comes to mugs of tea. Mug, not cup; cups are for sissies. I got this for christmas a few years ago, but I’d like a few others for a selection, but I can never find any big enough that I actually like. Why am I so picky about mugs? I suppose it’s because I spend so much time with my face in them.
7. DVDs. When I’m not listening to music, I’m either watching a movie or have one on in the background. There’s always either a small, or towering pile of dvds on the corner of my desk, depending on how tidy I’m feeling. These are the last three I watched, The Lion King, Juno, and The Bone Collector. A nice mix, yes?
Well I rather enjoyed that. I want to try and blog more, so if there’s anything you guys want to see/read about, send me your suggestions! Whether it’s favourite music, books, jewellery, where I live, before and afters of specific photos, whatever! I’m open to anything and everything So feel free to leave a comment on here, or let me know via facebook, twitter or email (info [at] catherine-day.com)